I want to make something clear here....

It's about the post two down below.

And yes, Keith was talking to a spokeswoman from 'La Reza' which represents the Latino population in the US, and yes, she was very upbeat.....

They wanna be included in the political process, and WHOA, who wouldn't? But the BOTTOM LINE is, you get two choices. Either you get to serve in the military and maybe get blown or fucked up, or somehow, miraculously, get into a school of higher education.

HOW is that supposed to be 'good', huh? HOW?

I don't see any programmes aimed at helping them into colleges or unis... It's a loaded game they are playing there.

This is sneaky. Underhanded. And to me, disgusting.

Because every other kid in the US has a mess of choices to choose from. Not just two draconian ones. And it is a sneakret draft. Wow... just wow...

Listen.... I have no problem with young people who want to go into the Armed Services, I do not. (Other than thinking right now might not be the best time to do that...) But if they do, of their own free will, I respect that. It's the coercion thing I really hate. Not to have a lot of choices.

Because of politics. I could just throw up at the thought.

How History repeats itself. Bill Clinton backed down and did the DADT bill. Now Obama is coming up with THIS? Blood on his hands, hey. Short or long term, he will regret it, and it will be on his hands.

This is HORRIBLE policy. A back-door draft, name it what you will.

And I am very angry about it. I expected better things.

So are we clear on this now???

0 Responses to "I want to make something clear here...."