Sundays are always boring....

I caught up with some stuff on the nets, but don't like all the boring ego-inflated old white men blathering on news shows.

It can be pathetic--- bullet points from two parties, salivating like a Pavlov dog... it sort of disgusts me....

So I was rummaging around different Soaps from Friday. It's fairly uncanny... Three of five were dealing with 'living wills'. And the issues involved. And I was telling 'da V.' recently, that that is a 'good' thing. Of course it is all 'dramatic', but those were actually good. Informing people that you can have a choice about end-of-life care, and deciding what you want.

NOOO... it is NOT about death panels. It's deciding what you want... to be on life support and they take all measures, or not to have life-extending measures taken, and just go. I think one of the best lines was, 'Oh, Murphy.. extending death? Please don't do that to me.'

I wouldn't want that either. I was surprised that in the US, it has to be with a lawyer, which costs a lot, so who can afford that, huh? We can do it at the hospital, and it is binding. So I wish that would be an option everywhere and not depend on money....

Think what happened to poor Terry Schiavo.

And while we are ON that... no one ever pronounced her name correctly. It's italian, means 'key', and is pronounced sk, not sch....

Yeah, just a stickler for details, and SO much 'fun'....

Ok, checking it all out this morning... there are so many people saying good-bye to people on these shows, and some of it is moving, makes my eyes 'sweat'... that's fairly depri....

The 'trouble' is-.... I'm busy trying to figure out a way to say good-bye to Peter before he won't recognise me any more.

Leaving aside the dramatics, I guess there aren't so many words, you know? But they are sort of helping right now....

Oh yeah, there are hilarious things in all those story-lines, so absurd, you wanna shoot the writers.... but entertaining, it isn't all doom and gloom....

'Da V.' and I can descend into hilarity over a 'villainess' on his show. Who is currently stuck in a poisoned sarcophagus, which was intended for her imagined rival, as she wanted to bury her alive, but her step-son put her in there after finding out she had re-interred HIS mother in a plot in a pet cemetery. (Listen, she's a bad woman, killed people, and Schadenfreude much?)

That is the other side of 'da Soaps.'

And in three of the five, three people thought dead turn out to be alive. Oh, wow, how does anyone justify THAT?

Most of them are villains, of course....

Jeez....

However---there ARE themes which are important for that audience to see and contemplate. It's a heady mix.

So NOW... am gonna go contemplate how to say good-bye to Peter as long as he recognises me, OK?

I HATE Sundays.

0 Responses to "Sundays are always boring...."