Whoa!

I shouldn't go looking for news, I might find something I might not like.

Y'know... curiosity killed ... whatever.

Listen, it was just something more to upset me, ok?

And I just wanted to call Peter and give him the bitter pill about coming on Monday... he isn't there any more. 'He's in a Pflegeheim', a nursing home. 'IN GAMLITZ???' 'I don't know.' If I had gone, he'd have not been there.

owww. Just.... owww.....

Yeah, things come unexpectedly, and you get REALLY bent out of shape.

What I started this out on was a post by someone over at Annti's, and it upset me. They had a severe earthquake where he was, and I hadn't heard about it. He and wife and family are ok, but it did upset me. Never met him, but he is a good guy....

A 7.1 quake is major, ok?

And it reminded me of my friend Mark, and how I would get all off the charts for worry when one hit them, and he and Alex thought it was FUNNY. How the bed would jump across the floor, and I would yell at them on the telly-phone, and be angry.

It gave me such a flash-back, I can't describe it.

Yeah, I've been crazy in my life, I have.... but not stupid. I've experienced light earthquakes personally. In Salerno a week before the big one came and levelled a lot of stuff. I was going to the promenade along the Gulf, and suddenly felt off balance and nearly fell down, and thought, WTF??? It was just a moment.... And the next day the papers were headlined 'Terramoto'. Earthquake. It happened in Venice in the Doges' palace one day, and the floor was shaking, and I thought 'this isn't as solid as it looks'... Next day, 'Terramoto'. It's happened twice in Graz... light ones, annoying ones. Like the time I did a night shift and the chandelier started swaying and I cursed the tram drivers at 4 a.m. for driving too fast, and then heard it was an earthquake.

It's sort of odd, taken all together.... But a 7.1 way across the world. I am just glad that nothing happened to those people I have never met personally, and who are nice.

And NOW... I have to go see where Peter is per telly-phone.

What kind of week-end is THIS gonna be???

0 Responses to "Whoa!"