Parenting isn't easy....

Yeah, I should TALK, hey...

This is apropos nothing, ok?

I was just reminiscing lately. That interchange at the nursing home wasn't exactly something to build you up, talking about 'the baby' refusing to wear depends, or use the urine bottle with the nurses, and boy, after so much, I don't even flinch any more.

'Where are you GOING???' 'Home'. 'Watcha gonna DO there?'

Wow. That is like watching 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button', hey. In REAL.

I always wished we could adopt children. And I was happy when our upstairs neighbors suddenly had kids..... although I don't consider them very good parents. I was looking forward to hear them running around, and maybe baking some cookies or muffins, and Peter was all Harumph about those ideas. Well then he lost the house, so there went THAT idea.

Now I have a 'kid', a cantankerous one. Which reminds me you should be careful about what you wish for. And yeah, I might have had one, the hydraulics were ok, but I didn't want one that way....

Yeah, sigh, now I HAVE one. Not what I expected, of course.

No one knows what is gonna happen when they progenitate.

No one.

I'm astounded that my progenitor didn't disown me in his feelings.

But he didn't.

And I dug back in MY memories. Visiting Dorle, and she was fully exhausted, and walking her son Rainer round and round the room for hours, and he was screaming because he was teething, and she didn't have any paregoric. And just trying to comfort him.

Or my cousin's kids, and I was there daily to baby-sit and all the stuff that was just daily life.

I was like 'walking on eggs', and so careful with them. Children should have a post-it on their foreheads, 'Handle with care'. So I did.... shoot me....

Actually... I'm sorta kinda glad I didn't propagate. Over the years, I learned that children test limits from day one. And are their own personalities, and you can try to form them, but they go off and do what they do.

Look at me for instance. I was thirteen, and told my best friend, 'Some day I will go to Europe and stay there a very long time.' It was out of the blue, hey. But I did DO that...

I don't think my family were 'thrilled' about it. Did what I have to. And a mess of other stuff that wasn't exactly 'healthy'....

Everyone goes out and makes mistakes.

People who go out and drown in a brook, get revived after twenty minutes, land in a coma for six months and die in an epileptic trauma.... people who are careless, and die of AIDS, people who get run over by busses, or get so despairing they throw themselves under trains....

Preciousses...

There are SO many things out there that can just 'wait' to getcha.

And sooo... I 'think'.... with kids, you do the best you can, and hope for the best.

And Gawwd, no. Parenting isn't easy....

So maybe I made a right decision, one of the few....

At least I had a little experience, so....

It makes me sad not to have one of my own. Now I get Benjamin Button. sigh....

0 Responses to "Parenting isn't easy...."