Tomorrow... as everyone in the US knows...

IS Superbowl. Let's clear up some facts regarding this, ok????

I would NEVER even mention shit if the Packers weren't in the finals this year. I wouldn't.

I HATE American football. My brother got hurt playing it on the street, and I hate it. Period.

However... my progenitor LURVS him some Packers, to the point of having gone to Wisconsin (where's dat?) to see them play.

I am sort of Churchill 'no sports', although I did like watching baseball and even went to Boston to see the Red Sox... Once... I loved playing basketball in grade school... as a sawed-off little shot-gun, and scared people by being ferocious. I wasn't big, but I knew how to score points.

I 'think' I know how cricket works, after closely listening to my cousins grill a young English airman in Munich's Hofbräuhaus. Gawwwd, was he cute. He 'might' have spent a bit more time with me... if one of his comrades wasn't totally wrecked and he had to see him home... understandable, oh, how regrettable... and the funny thing was, he wasn't lying. And was all 'Yup, Ok, understand' thinking, oh cripes, why me?' You don't get 'cute' that often. What a near miss, and he was in regret mode as well, said so, quietly. And had interesting tatoos.

Soooo... yeah, I play and played the game. Jock fan, right? Except most sports turned me off? Well, I did skate with fervour, but that won't get me any points.... I loved skating, and worked hard at it. It was using your entire body, and being expressive, and oh wow, you could knock yourself out playing that one as well. Literally. Knock yourself out. That's why I'm wonky today.

(Shakes self awake again....)

Ok, Ven.. Your Sunday is gonna be about five times what I see what Oscar nite means to me, ok? I Know dat... Yup... And I KNOW you are gonna be snuggled up to your tee-vee and have some brewskis, and may have my brother drop in, or a neighbor, and just go off the charts for guys goin' wild over testosterone-built up GUYS knocking the crap out of one another just to get a ball down the field.

Yes, that is cynical, and yes, probably not fair.... but I hope you have one hell of a time watching, and that your team wins that friggin' thing.

My only preparation was going shopping for the weekend. I got toilet paper. If you need any, give me a call, am well stocked. (smile)

And above all... have fun.

0 Responses to "Tomorrow... as everyone in the US knows..."