The Telephone Again....

rang at close to 11 pm. Of course I thought it was an emergency.....

But no, it was something nice... Alex in California..... Oh my......

I've only seen him personally three times in my life. I was very close friends with his late lover, Mark, and he passed on long ago, was like a younger brother for me. I was the first person he called when Mark died, holding him dead on the couch, and telling me he was gone.

But Alex never let the connection fade away. He calls once or twice a year. And there was his voice tonight, all over me like hot soup, and the caring, and the concern.... Alex is a very special man. And of course, it was 'can I help you? Can I do this, can I do that?'

Spontaneous, caring, yup, that is Alex. And he can be bat-shit crazy in a good way, as I learned when we all spent a week in Vienna. We had a good chat on the phone. It sort of cancelled the other one for the moment.

So isn't it odd, hey... You meet someone only three times in your life, and the connection remains strong, and the friendship is 'there', and all you need is to hear that voice, and it makes you feel better despite all the shit going on in your life. And he has a very good sense of perception. 'Hey, Ren, you're a people person, get out of the house.'

So I think I can go back to sleep now....

Some things can be providential, you know?

And Alex, wherever you are right now.... thank you.

0 Responses to "The Telephone Again...."