Banks again... and why do sewer covers hate me?

Today's news brought the government takeover of Fortis in the Netherlands. The B and B bank in Britain, and a real estate bank in Germany who had scooped up a subsiduary bank deeply involved in the mortgage deals in America, so they became more or less insolvent.

Investment people all, and hey, they didn't see it coming, you know... Bail me out, bail me out, heeellllp!!!! Well fuck them!

If I had any money, I would withdraw and put it in the mattress....

Herrgottnochmal, anyone who had any idea would have taken measures THREE YEARS AGO, the smart bloggers were out there screaming their keyboards off. But greed is fun, seemingly.

And we get to pay for it, the small taxpayers. Well, that is just dandy...

As to sewer covers... Why do they put them a centimeter above the pavement? Am developing a cataract in my right eye, and can not distinguish shades of grey or white in the dark. And I went out to get a sandwich at the turkish place across the street last night, at twilight. And moved aside to let an African go by, caught my foot on a sewer cover, and went crashing to the sidewalk. Because I didn't see it. Again. Just scraped my knee. I think it is time to see my eye doctor, this is getting ridiculous.

And just for the record.... I have alway been clumsy. And tripped over things that weren't there to people of normal perception, but I didn't fall down. It's been a running joke for decades... 'Just call me 'grace'..' But those sewer covers... Summunabitch....

0 Responses to "Banks again... and why do sewer covers hate me?"