We are in the middle of a thunderstorm.... so Unnatural Disasters...

Not your bang-crash one with hail. Just a thunderstorm. Jack and Joe came out of the rain into the stairwell, but are out again...

But I logged in top the nets to see what Ike is doing. The AP was so sappy, I would have like to slap the person who wrote it.

Unnatural weather conditions. I guess no one likes to feel helpless when mother nature decides to be mean.... Especially when you don't read the signs right, and are naive....

I saw one hurricane, it was still between Cat 1 and 2 when it hit in the late Fifties..... But it sufficed to make me wary forever... First the wind went one way, then it got deadly still, and bingo, it was windy in the other direction, and destroyed drees that the first stage didn't.

Later, in the Seventies, I was busy opening up a drive-in movie place, big one. Checking the speakers. And the light went 'funny'. Yellowish. And this little wind came up, and all of a sudden, I saw these little swirls out of the dirt, forming tiny funnels. It was creepy. And then I looked to the right in the west, and there was a freaking tornado moving south. It didn't do much damage other than to the woods outside of the city. And it was in an area..... well we NEVER got tornadoes....

Have experienced three light earthquakes. The first was in Venice. I was in the Doge's Palace, and the floor started vibrating. As in 'scarily vibrating'. And I thought, 'wow, this place isnt as solid as it looks!' Next day? I learned a new word: Terramoto. Earthquake. Later was on vacation in Salerno, alone, and my hotel was a block from the beach. I wanted to cross the street and prominade on the prominade. And nearly lost my balance, and almost fell down. And I thought, what the FUCK???? Next day, the papers. Terramoto. Tja., swell. A week later they got a big one. Wrecked the town. The third, was where I live. There is a fault a mountain chain away. And Peter's late best friend was living up on the 11th floor of an appartment building, and called us, saying, did you GET that? His chandelier was of the charts for swinging... We didn't notice, being one half-flight up.

So what shall I say? I HATE weather. And I DO NOT like SURPRISES.

Yes, you can WISH for peace and harmony, and all that.... but WEATHER and geographical conditions can kill you every time. If you don't watch out....

So for my friend who gets irritated if I go off the charts when things 'happen', I have been there in mini versions, and do not need the maxi's. And if I see DANGER to people I love, It upsets me...

0 Responses to "We are in the middle of a thunderstorm.... so Unnatural Disasters..."