What IS it with the police here??? Part two....

So am riding the bus to Peter's.... fairly in front... and some asshole local pulls out in front of it to zoom right up the Annenstrasse, and the driver nearly slammed into him. Which could have caused casualties.

Hadn't slept since the evening's 'wonderful' adventures... not. But I did see the idiot's license plate number. So at the next stop... you can't talk to the driver while he is driving... I went up to him and said, 'the license plate number is G16WEB.'

And he said, 'That is not going to help at ALL. The police won't do anything. Anything. But thank you.' And I don't want to know what that guy's pulse rate was at the moment for sure....

Well that is certainly a comfort. Cold comfort to be sure.

And noooo.... the recent full moon hasn't made me go vigilante, or super-nerd, or anything, but there are borders you do not cross. The police are ok here, as far as police go, and you never want to have anything much to do with them, true. But they aren't facists, or anything of the sort.

Good, I got put down by a few last night. Others told me I did the right thing. People are inexplicably afraid of 'the Hey', as the Viennese call them. (It is slang for PO-lice) I met good ones and bad ones in my line of work, and the bad ones were a minority... So what the FUCK?

What I am trying to get at is this: If something horrible had happened to my neighbor, I would have 'the Hey' on my neck, asking, Herr Nachbar (neighbor) didn't you HEAR anything? Which would have led to me being called up before court for not having done anything. There is a law here. It is about civic duty. (Remember the Kitty Genovese case in New York? Hundreds of placent witnesses would have been liable for not reacting here today. It is sort of about that. And the link to it is in the name, if you do not remember.)

So if G16WEB keeps going as HE drives, how is that bus driver gonna feel when that narcissistic, get-out-of-my-way driver runs over a child or anyone else, because he feels he is entitled to the right of way? Narcissistic, agressive to the max, and the wrong person to be behind the wheel.

But oh, no... bus drivers have a dangerous job, and carry up to 130 people per course. Are responsible for their safety, and do a good job. But to report blatant hindrances that endanger their work and their passenger's safety? Not so much.

And I am SO not ok with that....

0 Responses to "What IS it with the police here??? Part two...."