Have I ever told you how MUCH I hate throw rugs???

Well, after just cleaning up a lot of blood, let me just say I do. Very much.

For the second time in my life, I got a renegade one. They decide to curl up or something, and attack you if you don't pick up your feet, you see.... So I was about to turn in for the night, and came back in intending to turn off the pc and get some sleep, as I was very tired.

And I am very stubborn when it comes to turning on a light. I hardly ever do. Unless I'm having a bad cataract night blindness day. I just sleep-walk about...

My nicest one decided to trip me up last night. I tried to catch myself, disrupting the telephone, knocking my modem onto the floor, tripped over my stool in front of the pc and hit the hard-wood floor face first, whereupon there was a sickening 'crunch' sound, and blood started coming out of my nose onto my freshly washed floor. (I really don't know which bothered me more.) I guess I was K.O. for a few moments....

I did manage to get myself back to the bed, and slept a little. And now, at midnight, just cleaned up the fucking mess.

I only have one mirror in the house, in the WC, so went to do damage assessment. Well, the honker is swollen, but so far it doesn't look like I'm going to be a racoon for a few days... But that is always iffy...

The same thing happened a few decades ago... was hurrying to the window on a very hot summer's day, as the place I was living in was unbearably hot, slid on a throw rug, got ko'd and broke my nose.

This time, am just glad nothing else got broken. And they don't call them throw rugs for nothing.

They'll throw you, all right... for a loop. I never wanted any of the four I have. Peter more or less forced me to take them when I moved. Accursed things... think twice before you decide to get any.

0 Responses to "Have I ever told you how MUCH I hate throw rugs???"