I have been holding back on this, because it is hurtful

Queens. No, not cross-dressers, the place in New Yawk....

There is a place there called College Point. Really, I have seen it.

It was the first place I ever got to outside my white-bread, insulated town.

It was so exciting. I packed for a two day visit as if I were going abroad for three months.

I was fifteen. I read a lot, you see, and thought that New Yawkers changed three times a day, so I packed accordingly... and my cousin's mother said, 'what the hell is he thinking????!!!!'

I always wanted to fit in...

Is all....

Yup... College Point, and am still so thankful. It was beautiful. And my cousins spoiled me? You can't imagine. It was surburbia... but oh boy, they took me to Manhattan! I was spitless....

Well, time passes, things run down, and you get left speechless in other ways.

There was this video that went viral...



And a lot of other things.... There was a rally in College Point. There was a counter rally, which is asking for 'understanding' for the people who did what they did in the video. The father of the perpetrator is on YouTube for Chrissakes!

Have read a lot of negative things about College Point, and it is upsetting for me....

It was the first place I ever got to fly out of the nest, so to speak.

The World Fair was about to be held there, and I was so hoping I could go, saved my coca-cola caps to see it....

In the hope I would win a trip.... I was very naive...

So what the fuck happened?

Everything about the story saddens me.

0 Responses to "I have been holding back on this, because it is hurtful"