Of all that went on in DC----

This speech really spoke to me.

F0r those of you who were sleeping or otherwise engaged... there was a march on Washington....

Of people who want their rights too.

And the President presented the usual placebos.

And the people who were promised the same rights everyone else has got told to 'wait'.

Even though the solutions aren't so difficult.

Oh, they'll throw you a bone if you don't shut up. They always do, and that isn't very 'funny'. It was Clinton, after all, who invented don't ask don't tell. And the fucking Defense of Marriage Act. (Who the fuck is threatening the breeders, please tell? Oh, he was really, really good on social issues...)

To come out and present a hate crime decision after THIRTEEN years, is a feather in their cap... they think.... I am pretty sure the Shepards have a different opinion... Their son got crucified on a fence in Montana, and died.

What in the world parallel universe do these people live on? And Barney Frank wanting no march because 'all it is going to acheive is crushing their lawn????' I didn't hear him saying that when the tea-baggers ran all over Washington, so what is in it for him? HUD? Some people are speculating......

I always thought that if lifting up your voice and make it loud, that would help.

It seems, they got you coming and going. President Obama gave a 'rousing' speech to a lot of white affluent men in Washington who will give a lot of money to the Democratic party two nights ago, and yesterday a 'source' dissed the commutity, dissing the 'bloggers', the people who gave lots of money to his election campaign, comparing them to teenagers in pajamas in their parent's basements, stained with Cheetos, saying they should get dressed and go out and do something, so to speak.

And THAT is just unacceptable.

I think it time to stand up, and put an end to the nonsense. And believe me, I do so, in my own way, and I sign petitions, and I do make calls.

Not because I have such an affinity to my former country. But because I want people to be considered equal there. And because NO ONE ever EVER hurt me personally because of my sexual orientation here and saw me as a complete person. I want that for all those people.

David Mixner... I had never heard of him before. The other activists were shrill. But he moved me very much. Because he is of my generation, and went through the horrors I went through, and his speech is excellent, and speaks to my heart.

Please listen

0 Responses to "Of all that went on in DC----"