A World-Wide 'conspiracy'....

Something nefarious is going on. And it has to do with banks....

I know, I know... we all tend to think of Wall Street, and the mortgage bust in the US, and so on and so on... but it really is world-wide, seemingly....

I had to take Peter to the bank today. His 'Minister of Finance' is a very likeable person. I get such a kick out of his first name, I have been known to break out into a Hawaian song wheeling him over there, thanks to Bette Midler...

But this isn't a 'fun' post.

He is a very nice, earnest 'young' man... mid thirties, I would guess... married, wanted to build a house... like so many other people here. And earlier this year, the crisis hit. He was having a house built, and his contractor went bankrupt just at about the time he was supposed to move into it, and it never got finished.

So for the better part of a year, he and his wife are holed up in an 'appartment' that is 23 square meters big. Well, as my 'bio-mom' used to say... 'Let ME tell YOU...' that will either cement you, or it will kill your relationship.

Having lived in a space of 17 square meters alone... with bath and wc shared outside with four other parties.... just the idea gives me the horrors.

Somehow, he is holding up ok, it seems, which is all to the good. Whatever... he is a bit morose, which is not to be wondered at.

So he asked his employers for a loan in order to get over what was a horrible situation. And the request was denied, hey... just like that. So he and his wife have been scrimping, and he has a social net of family who help, and can move into the finished house in January.

Oooo, nice month to move, hey...

At least he has a date where he knows his agony will be at an end...

No thanks to his employers....

Over the past months, there are so many things I have read about greedy banks 'recovering', but dealing out billions in bonuses for the top tier. Seems to me it is a world-wide problem, and am mystified as to what the hell they are thinking, if they can think at all....

So... no loans to 'small' people. Nope. But'cha better move your fucking ass on the job, friend, or you are OUT.

I was with that institute ages ago, and got treated so badly, I moved to another. Yes, that was possible then.

So here is a person on the middle level, and his own bank, whom he fucking WORKS for, won't give him a loan....

I do not wish to know how they screw other people who do not work for them.

And that is shameful.

0 Responses to "A World-Wide 'conspiracy'...."