Am glad I wasn't fully awake yesterday evening....

We have our own brand of empty-headed yahoos here... (and am referring to the Jonathan Swift brand, not the website).

I had a long nap, and went out for cigarettes. Waking up is a long process for me, so am not up to speed with being quick-witted, which in this case was a good thing.

There was an 'elegant' woman at the vending machine, fumbling around. And said to me in pidgeon german, 'I not know how this works...' If I'd been fully awake, I'd have known she thought I was some 'dirty ferner'.

Instead, I asked, 'What's wrong, is it defective?' In perfect high german.

And she said she didn't know how it worked, the poor dear. 'I keep putting my bank card in, but I can't get any cigarettes out of it.' 'Well, you have to put MONEY into it, just like you do if the store were open, and wanted some.' 'But I wanted to debit it on my bank card.' 'It doesn't work that way.' 'So it's just so that minors can't buy any?' 'That is correct.' Somehow she got two packs out of the machine, and felt vindicated that it was debited to her account. Which is a lie, she'd have had to put in her pin code, and that isn't possible with those vending machines. You CAN do it with a handy (cell phone), but I don't know how it works, to tell the truth, and and told her so as well.

Well, she had her two packs, and gave me a vicious, 'good luck with THAT' as she took off for parts unknown. She was incredibly rude. And basically dumb. Well-dressed, but dumb. If I'd been fully awake, I'd have given her fifteen pieces of my mind for free.

But yes, we have these incredible people who feel 'entitled', and show how lacking they are in intellect as well... and have the gall to look down at everyone around them so they can feel 'superior'. ´So it's not just the 'Murkin blend', Preciousses. There are snots everywhere, believe me. I got mine in no time flat, and congratulated myself for having been restrained, but that isn't really a believable thing. I knew I was quiescent because I wasn't fully awake yet. Otherwise, I might have made a 'SCANDAL'.

And so it goes... to quote Vonnegut.

0 Responses to "Am glad I wasn't fully awake yesterday evening...."