Ewww, am a 'Red Scorpion'

Saturday, I finally gave in, and my knight in my game joined a guild.

Oh Lord, a guild! Buncha crazy people who obsess over some interest they have in common . Although the only ones I know here who are visible are the Carneval ones. Buncha crazies.

So this figure in the game named 'Joe Black', which I found very fitting, as that was Death's name in 'Death Takes a Holiday'... asked me to join his guild, 'Der Fluch'. (The Curse). Turns out my level is too low and would drag the guild's standing down, so he told me to go to the center of Randol, (always the starting place in the game and from the figures there, I call it 'Rambo'). There I should reach 'Sternchen', (little star) and ask for membership in her guild, which is in reality a subdivision of Der Fluch, which he runs.

So I got admitted to the subdivision, the 'Red Scorpions'. ( 'Hey ma, look down, I finally joined a GANG!') The subdivision is for any figure under level fifty, and Sir Arrogant Numbskull is currently stuck at level 33. I believe I made a grievious mistake somewhere, and can't get any quests, which give you loads of points, and have been having to slog my way through the current level by fighting in the dungeon hours, which gives me about a three per cent increase overall. Drives me nuts. It's sort of a limbo phase.

They call it a farming guild... train you up to play with the big guys.

Joe Black told me that once the figure reaches level fifty, I can automatically become a member of 'The Curse'. Now there's something to look forward to....

And then all hell broke loose on the screen. Windows opening up, people welcoming me to the guild, Joe Black still chatting away, Sternchen saying I should ask her for help, and some Titan saying HE was the leader of the Red Scorpions, and I should contact him if I had questions. It got strenuous having a three-way discussion going on.

I'd figured out most of the things that had befuddled me in the early stages of the game, so there wasn't much... although two things really had me stumped. I was supposed to plant a 'seed of life' somewhere, but was damned if I could find where. Turns out they have coordinates on them, so now the problem is finding the right coordinate. Drive me crazy.

So everyone was nice, and polite, and there seem to be no obligations so far. My figure can run around and do what he does, no forced participation in things it isn't capable of yet anyway. The only difference is that if one of the guild runs across you anywhere, they say hello.

Joe Black was on chat the longest. He's thirty. Thank goodness no more fourteen year olds. I play Sir Arrogant when he is asleep... (I hope). Whatever, we had a good chat, and it was all very easy-going and polite.

I did get the impression that there is lots of competition among the guilds to gain new members. They have battles, you see, and you bring 'glory' to the guild. Or something.

Well, that evening there was an 'event', a 'Chaos Battle' in the desert realm. And Sir Arrogant was asked if he wanted to join. So he got transported three minutes before the beginning, and there was a huge crowd there in front of a castle they had to storm.

My figure jumped the gun to get a head start? And promptly inadvertantly jumped the bridge going into it, landed on the grounds outside the bridge, where there were horrible figures marked in red, which meant he didn't have a chance, (adversaries are color coded), and he was promptly killed in the blink of an eye, which ended the battle for him before it even got really started.

Talk about poor eye-hand coordination with the mouse, hey.

Oh well... next time I will get in the back of the line, and know better.

Whoever programs this stuff really know how to keep people playing and stay curious.

Am still getting the other two figures up to snuff. The High Elf is nearly at Sir Arrogant's level and I still maintain he's blatantly gay, but fights well, and I have a Titan who is getting there. It took me weeks to figure out, but.... you always get mostly stuff from other classes or races, and can make a lot of gold selling them. But if you are doing more than one... well there is a warehouse, so you can store the things they need, and they can pick it up and use it when they are playing, which makes the armour issue much better. They were looking absurd wearing stuff that was patched together as you got them otherwise.

I don't know if I will get the other two to join the same guild, but am certainly NOT going to join one called 'Strassenjungs' (Street Boys) Or Geburtstagskind 1 Jahr (Birthday Child 1 year). Way too icky.

Nah, I sorta like 'The Curse'... and don't make any menustration jokes! I hate these words with double meanings!

Several times I've been asked if I wanted armour upgrades from people on line, and sort of refused. The only 'cheating' going on, if well-meant. Although mostly it was stuff I wouldn't be able to use for a long while, or advice on how to tackle something I was having trouble with. This was before the guild. But I would politely thank them, and say I wanted to 'earn' them.

That has always been my problem. If you can't figure it out, you didn't deserve it. Sort of. Someone teaching you how to do something, but you do it on your own? That's ok. So... silly hour is ended.

0 Responses to "Ewww, am a 'Red Scorpion'"