Just daily stuff...

Yeah, have been quiet... damned asthma has kept me mostly in bed, so wasn't really up for my usual jaunts through the internets...

And for another thing... I experienced 9/11 through tee-vee, like the rest of the world, and at this point, haven't much new to say on the subject... other than it fucked up the US so badly, they'll never get over the trauma. And made people more acquiescent in giving up basic rights, and be sheepled. Although I did like the one guy, some pol, who didn't get into the frenzy about this year's terrorist threat, saying 'A car bomb? They go off every day some place in the world..' Which is true enough.

On the other hand... Munich traumatised me, which I only realised much later. I had a ring-side seat watching terrorists mis-treat their captives. It wasn't on the surface, but it took me a long time to get over. I still can't watch any documentary that has to do with it. So I 'get' how it affected the US.

So I took a moratorium on news, sue me. I tend to do that if I haven't anything constructive to say. So I slept. A LOT. And there was still such high humidity, was up some nights and all I could concentrate on was pulling Norbert, version 3.0 up from level one to level six.

Yeah, I went to fantasyland via Last Chaos on-line. In the middle of the night to distract myself from not being able to breathe easily. It's distracting, and I didn't need 'da news' to get me riled up and make it worse.

Norbert is my knight's dragon. Version 3, because it took me long to figure out how to feed them, and the first two died. Some pet owner I'd make.... PETA people would shoot me on sight. I started a second character, 'just for fun' to avoid all the mistakes I made with Sir Arrogant Numbskull. It was easier, knowing the finer points of the game.

He's a High Elf. And I swear, he looks so gay, that so-called 'Armour', you would swear he just got off a circuit party at Fire Island or Miami in the Seventies. And no, never went to one, but saw video clips and read the books about them.... He's a flamer, but makes me chuckle. And he has a cool fire spirit which looks like a coyote, and will be able to attack once he levels up.

And caught up with DOOL for 'da Ven's' sake. I'd told him a couple of weeks ago who was beating up the call girls on the show, and BINGO, was right. 25 points, hoorah.

And got a disappointment yet again... I missed 'Mr. Voice' for the upteenth time on Saturday night, and had sworn I was going to go and take pictures. He gave a free 'unplugged' concert out on the square, and sings rock. He's been around for nearly thirty years, local celebrity. Never went to one of his concerts because I thought anyone with the audacity to call himself that has to be a cheat, but he's survived all this time, so there must be something to it... Was getting ready to go and finally see this paragon of entertainment, and of a sudden, couldn't catch my breath, started to choke, which brings on vomiting, which I hate to death. So scratch the concert. Probably got 'too excited', or something...

So.... one inquiring mind wanted to know what was up. Bored enough? Today the air is relatively dry, so things 'feel' a bit better.

Will still be commenting on things I find, but will slip back into normal posting mode slowly.

Things that irritate me. There is never a pause in election campaigns so that anyone can actually get anything done. Obama was barely elected, it was all about the mid-terms, the mid-terms were not even over, they were on about 2012. How is anyone supposed to work?

AAAAANNND damn the new version of Yahoo mail... if I try to read it on Firefox, it's an exercise in frustration, the screen keeps freezing. Which means having to open the Microshit Explorer, which has as many security holes as a cheap swiss cheese. We hates it, Preciousses, yes, we does...'

And HOW IS IT that the supreme court of Germany can ban Samsug from selling their Tablet in Europe because it looks too much like Apple's? Who'd they have to fuck to get THAT ruling? I smells me a big bisam rat... (0r correction, sewer rat in english...).

The article in the German Yahoo news said that most other European countries would sell the Samsung version anyway, and that Apple will probably litigate country for country...

That brought on another episode for me... talk about killer corporate policies, hey... They should be bought on their merits, and quality. What happened to healthy competition.

And brings me to the last of the things irritating me... unsolicited phone calls, asking you to participate in surveys. Yesterday's was from the IFES institute, one of the big ones. About consumer habits. They'd tried already, had woken me up, and I told the girl I'd been sleeping and was ill, no thanks. Yesterday, her colleague, an older lady, was on the horn. So I played along and endured twenty minutes of 'Twenty Questions'.... just to get them off my back. I'm sure I was a real prize, in that I never buy anything other than food and necessities. She was polite, I was polite, and now I get a nine month respite till someone else disturbs me in my cave. Sheesh.

Trivial, n'est-ce-pas? And that is all I can think of to report on my 'exciting' life. I've learned to like the quiet. No upsets.

0 Responses to "Just daily stuff..."