I was trying to think of another prime example of ' murkinness here... and Found it...

I could probably look up the name in my diaries, which I kept at the time. I prefer not to look at them at present. But there was this 'woman'.... And she worked at the police department. And she was hateful. She was responsible for giving foreigners a work permit and she HATED foreigners.

For the first three years, I had to get my permit renewed yearly, and it was always a tense time. After that, I got a five year one, so was relieved of a lot of anxiety, because... I fucking set her on fire the second year, she was so rude.

You had to line up in the hall with your papers, and me being your absolute klutz when it came to bureacracy, one thing or the other I would forget to bring with me. That was me, totally scatterbrained.

So this one year, I was in line, mostly with Turks, and bothered by the guy behind me who had no sense of personal distance and kept bumping his crotch in my ass, so it made me very irritated. Not excited, just angry. And if you knew what was good for you, you did NOT just enter after your predecessor left, oh no! Deadly to do that, she was a terror.

So on this one day, she was being her usual terrorising self, rude and insulting, and loudly told her assistant, 'I hate foreigners, they STINK.' How loverly. So it was my turn, and she berated me for not having one of the documents, so I went home to fetch it.

And I got in line, and was finally admitted to her inglorious presence... And leaned very close to her to sign some papers to get my permit. Sort of weaving so it would 'waft' into her oversensitive nostrils.....

Because, Preciousses, Peter had given me a very expensive cologne from Christian Dior, which was lemon based and suits me well. And when I went to get the paper I needed, I applied it so liberally, I 'stank'.

Even then, I was already sort of Austrian, I think. Good pay-back, believe me, and I can't even now describe the look on her face. She recoiled, literally. And that stuff smelled VERY nice.

After that, I always made sure she was on vacation when I had to deal with that office, and the others were very kind and polite. But she was a real hag.

Prabably a Nazi background, who knows.

So yeah, we get the bad apples too.

Just a memory. But I had a hell of a lot of fun doing it.

0 Responses to "I was trying to think of another prime example of ' murkinness here... and Found it..."