Annnnnd.....

in the contiuing adventures of the couch critter, Peter's notary public is back tomorrow, and they were supposed to have a pow wow so that W. can finally move into Peter's apt. and I will get my peace and quiet and all would be right with the world.

EXCEPT----

It wouldn't be us, if things would be easy.... The NP has a back log of work, read about Peter's wish, checked the contract, and there is no possibility that he can let the couch critter take it, without the express permission of 'That SERB', and she and W. developed an immediate antipathy to one another. Oh frabulous day, calloo, callay....

So my nefarious plan isn't going to work as planned, demmit, gol blast it!

There isn't a clause that would let him take anyone in, not even me if he were still there and too sick to get around. (Peter does it to me again. Why am I not surprised??? And of course I wasn't consulted at the time.... so I didn't know, but I suspected....)

I have an alternative idea to get her to agree, but it won't be any 'fun' for any side of this sick triangle.

To top it off, my neighbors had one of their epic bi-annual battles in the middle of the night and woke me up. These are five-act, horrible things to have to listen to. And as I can now leave one window leaned in at night since the weather got mild, I got it in fucking stereo. It is like being in an Edward Albee play, only worse. Doors slam, someone goes shrieking down the stairs, yelling and screeching out in the court, then uncontrollable sobbing coming back up, and doors slamming, and blood-curdling screams of pure anger. (Ok, it is like Edward Albee mingled with Macbeth.)

And W.? he damned slept through it all! I was freaked, I tell you, freaked. How did he survive 'out there'? The neighbors can drum in the attic in the night, and I never wake up, but when they do their bi-annual Hexensabbath.... I can't shut an eye....

I guess it is about being young, and maybe betrayal, and jealousy, and all the stuff that makes good theater, but y'know what? Sometimes it isn't nice having to be tied down into a first-row seat if you don't want to be there....

And I so do not like being there, inadvertantly or not.

What IS it about Mondays?????

0 Responses to "Annnnnd....."