Jeebus, some people just don't know when to STOP!


I just had the nastiest, most mocking mail EVER in my fifteen years of being on-line. It refers to the post below.

But I didn't take it lying down. No, Preciousses. I can take criticism, and often have and do not blink an eye. I can take nastiness, and turn away. But being nasty, and ironic, and wanting to take you for a mark... then I lose patience.
So I just sent him to where the pepper grows verbally, as we say...

BUT, we had a live one on the bus today. Sort of missing a couple of cups in her cupboards. She was delightful. Had her English books out telling everyone she was doing her 'homework'. Because she is taking an English course at the Worker's Guild. And focused on a young African kid, who was cool and polite, but doing the Granite Face thing, and dying inside. I would guess he is about eighteen, and has the coolest hairstyle I have EVER seen. And this little dumpling made every pc faux pas you can ever think of, not knowingly. It was screamingly funny to me.

But also sad. Obviously she is so lonely, she was desperately looking for someone to talk to and hoped that taking an English course would help to make contact. I HATE it when someone makes you laugh inside like that, and make you feel guilty about it when you know they are so desperately trying to reach out. And she was trying so damned hard, it was painful. I would guess she was about fifty or thereabouts. Nondescript. Pleasant face... But I didn't want to stare and wonder in what parallel universe she is currently living in.

But the kid was nice to her.

Gawwd, riding the busses can drive you nuts.... maybe that is the reason.

0 Responses to "Jeebus, some people just don't know when to STOP!"