I am NOT your usual fan of Spring....

Oh yes, sure it is pretty.... An explosion of color after many grey days. And the birds sing and chirp and drive you crazy at four o'clock in the morning... among other things...





And Peter's view from his kitchen window. You don't want to know what the other side looks like, but let's just say, Hitchcock's 'Rear Window'. I saw it when I was nine and had to run to the bathroom three times just to calm down....
I was usually ahead of my time....





And this is the view from my kitchen window this morning. Also 'Rear Window', but I never pay attention.... Spring... Show off.... Nope, you can say what you will, but I like Autumn. Yep... It is somber, and a bit macabre, but stately, and not this flahsy jive stuff that nature likes to dazzle us with.


BUT... I am behind the times, being a pensioner and having no time whatsoever, people. I always thought it was a joke. Aaand, ya know, there has always been a sort of friendly rivalry between New Hampshire and Vermont. I stress the word 'friendly'. People from Massachussets were automatically labelled ' Massholes'. We never talked about Vermonters that way. It was always about who could put on a Great Stone Face, and could be more stubborn. We have a similar situation here between Villach and Klagenfurt. It is 'friendly rivalry'.. Sure, they aren't states, but they can sure go at one another.... Mostly in Carneval season.

As you all now know.... Vermont is going to let gay people get married if they want to, and NH DOESN'T. THIS is flying in the face of anything that was ever reasonable in the Northeast, and I am pissed off. Because NH didn't do it first. God's retribution is going to be SO swift, my poor fellow Vermonters are gonna be retributed.

A little rivalry is a good thing, but this goes TOO FAR!

The Freepers are wishing for volcano eruptions. Hokay.

When they wished for tsunamis, I became very uneasy. Yeah, I know those people never had a geography class in their lives, but if a tsunami wipes out Vermont, THAT is where I draw the line and yell, 'Fuck YOU, Freepers!' A Tsunami would wipe out NH first and THEN bring devastation to Vermont.

This made me terribly uneasy.

I was so horrified I asked Terrible what he had been DOING....

So, Preciousses.... Spring has sprung, and I pretend to be not impressed.

Spring is a show-off.

And as far as my doubts about the brotherhood between Vermonters and New Hampshirites go, a healthy rivalry is one thing. But I hate one-upmanship.

And Terrible? Du bist so etwas von KLASSE! (figure it out.)

2 Responses to "I am NOT your usual fan of Spring...."

Susan says
11 April 2009 at 00:22

Beautiful pictures! I like Spring AND Fall...not sure what that says about me.
I was SO happy when Vermont announced the would let Gays marry!
I was even happier when Iowa passed the law.
Not because I care about Iowa, per se, but since I live in the Mid-West, it gives me hope that SOMEDAY it will come to Indiana as well.
Of course, WE still cannot buy beer/wine/liquor on Sonday's....so I'm not holding my breath.

RenB says
11 April 2009 at 06:16

Well, Susan... I saw a graphic yesterday over at Joe.My.God, (I think). Some guy crunched some numbers, regarding what year anti-gay marriage measures will fail to pass where, and in which year. Indiana is due sometime in 2012, if I recall correctly, so maybe hope is in sight. That won't be too long, after all, but don't hold your breath.

If you liked the photos, you can take a look at the tags La Strada and Graz stroll in the right side bar of my main page.