Ok.... have been holding off on this because I was so pissed off last night....

And I wanted to talk calmly about this, but it turns out, I can NOT.

I do not LIKE walking into a supermarket and seeing a newspaper headline that Obama is protecting torturers. I mean, I really HATE that.

He fucked up so badly over the past two days, I could throw up.

Seemingly, he has silicon balls, and they just slide right in and out of you or something.

Maybe there are reasons. Maybe he got skeered of the NSA and CIA and so on. Maybe...

There is much we do not know, because they are sneakrative.

BUT.... the buck stops when accountability gets swept under the rug, and everyone responsible for torture gets a free ride.

Not many people remember the Nuremburg trials nowadays. And how the world scoffed at the 'excuse' "We were only following orders"..... And they got hung anyway.

What sort of double standard is Obama trying to set. 'We have other rules?'

I do not like that for one second. Not a half of one.

If you break international treaties, (four, as far as I know...) and do what you want to do, that makes you a war criminal. Which means... you have to be held accountable, and get before a court, and judged.

Oh, I know, I KNOW... it took forty years to get the Cambodians up before the court in the Hague, and be tried.

That isn't 'justice'. It is shit. But at least justice is finally being done.

As I see it, Obama has a problem with the powers that be at the CIA and NSA, and gave them a pardon. But if he lets the people off who gave the orders, that makes him culpable, and I will not forget or forgive.

I have had a lot of disappointing things in my life, but that tops it all.

Ball-less. If you do a crime, you do the time. AUS, BASTA!

Am very disappointed.

Update: Seems The Grey Lady woke up on Sunday. Now I do not feel so alone....

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/19/opinion/19sun1.html?_r=2

0 Responses to "Ok.... have been holding off on this because I was so pissed off last night...."