Bill Hicks...

Whelp, am not gonna apologise for this. It deals with a subject I feel strongly about... He's been dead for twenty years.

Isn't hat ironic... one can still hear him.

Y'know... when Lenny Bruce died, I was maybe ten or twelve years old. And oh boy, was he 'shocking', so it made me curious, just like Peyton Place did, and other things. I'd see his book in a Mom and Pop place up on Hannover Street, and was afraid the Pop wouldn't sell it to me, so I would riffle through it, and pretend I didn't want to buy it, and I KNEW if I tried... he wouldn't have sold it to me because I was underage.

Hicks was a direct descendant of Lenny Bruce. And later, the incomparable George Carlin.

There is stuff going on in the US... four young people committing suicide, and denying that 'society' is not somehow responsible in some way.

I've refrained from commenting, but am really disgusted. Little lives just being snuffed off.

And all this 'Oh, you HAVE to carry a child to term', and then they're on their OWN, and it HAPPENS... What is so great about that...

I found a rant, and it is profane... But he was an artist.

0 Responses to "Bill Hicks..."