Something is very wrong in the state of the States

Teen suicide. It's horrible. Good, it's horrible in a lot of other areas or topics you could think of. But to have hate so prevalent and empathy a non-issue that young people leave the planet of their own accord is beyond the pale. People who call themselves Christians preach hate for what or whoever is 'different' from their skewered beliefs, and KILL young children with their hate and non-acceptance. There is a movement going on to counter that... called, 'It Gets Better', to encourage young people to hold on and get through the hate, and not leave the planet. I did try to when I was 18... There were no internets, thought I was fully alone, had a car, but no license yet, and I ran a hose from the exhaust to the window, turned it on... and ran out of gas. So I KNOW that place in my head. It's good that I still had a sense of humour.... It did get better. So I am glad that there are the internets, and people who get active, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Here's a vigil from San Francisco last night, and people determined to stop the madness.


0 Responses to "Something is very wrong in the state of the States"