Hmmm... Alan Grayson has guts... Women's rights..

And gays, and the verbal guns are out.... I love it when they are fired up....

And I want to equivicate something here. My grade school, when I was a kid... our teachers were what one used to call 'spinsters'.. single, and as everyone KNOWS, little pitchers have big ears. Overheard conversations I shouldn't have, probably... But there was FEAR... If they were seen with a man out on the town, they might be fired. Even I got that as a kid.

And I used to think that was sad... 'Why shouldn't they even be allowed to DATE anyone?' I would think.. made no sense to me, and was peripheral, but I wondered, and couldn't figure that one out.... So they would go out on 'girls nite out'.

My fourth grade teacher had a remedy... she would spend her summer vacations in South America, and come back glowing. I HOPE she had wonderful vistas, and cabana boys spoiling her, and got pleasured in every way possible.

But there was an advantage to it for us kids. She would insert what she had learned in our geography hour in class. Tell us about other countries in South America, and show us slides of Macchu Pichu, about other customs, and make us realise there is a whole world 'out there'. Spain was pretty good for her as well, but being dragged to a bull-fight really made her ill.... I really hope, looking back as an adult, that she had the most fun anyone could have in their lives. But she gave a lot back.

And the world turned, and I thought this shit was OVER.

I'm usually optimistic... And NOW they want to go BACK to that? And of course bring in 'da gays and lesbians, and they aren't fit to teach...

WHY do I feel that I'm seeing a re-run? The tea party maintains they want to take the country back. My question is, 'Back to WHAT?' Opressing people??? You should watch this clip.


0 Responses to "Hmmm... Alan Grayson has guts... Women's rights.."