Here we go yet again...

Didn't get to Gamlitz yesterday, because the head nurse called me to tell me they had taken Peter to Graz and had to be admitted as stationary patient there, so he called to tell me he was in the 'Erste Med', on the third floor.

The nurse had said he was in the angiology department, which is for heart, lymph system, and blood disorders.

However, I found him in the nephrology department, which treats kidney ailments. Have no idea what the hell is going on.... because.... I got to the room, and his bed wasn't there. (I really should be accustomed to that by now, but it always gives me the sinking elevator feeling for the first few seconds...)

Found a nurse, who told me he was 'downstairs' having an MRI of his foot, (sort of like a Cat-scan), and it would take quite a while. Well there is NOTHING I hate more than hanging around interminably in a hospital, have done it too much, so I just turned around, and rode back home.

Hardly got in the door, and there he was on the phone... apologising to me, for cripes sake!

Now normally, you can pretty much come and go as you please if you visit. But there are official visiting hours posted on that ward, so assume that during those hours, the patients will be in their rooms. So told him I would make sure to be there at one p.m. tomorrow.

Swell.

As a side note... the round trip per bus and street-car from my house to the hospital at the edge of the city took longer than a one-way trip to Gamlitz, which is about 45 kilometers away! The traffic! The packed tram full of little kids, giggling teenage girls, people going home from work, as there was a shift change at the hospital, it's always a nightmare. Will see if it is better tommorrow. Will avoid today's time slot, that's for sure.

0 Responses to "Here we go yet again..."