Today is our national holiday....

Yup, on this day in 1955, the last of the occupying troops of the four powers left Austria, and the Second Republic began. It's a day with some gatherings downtown, but mostly people like to go out hiking. Werner called me for one of his chats this morning, and didn't know it was a holiday. Come ON.... it takes an American to tell an Austrian it's our national holiday? Cracked me up. 'The only national holiday I know is July 14th (France) Jeanne D'Arc.' I mean, really, now, that is pathetic.

The weather for that isn't really conducive to doing that, and I was at the hospital, doing my daily visit, and it wasn't all too good.

Getting back home, I tuned in to Rachel from yesterday and had forgotten she was doing a special docu on the assassination of Dr. Tiller... which chilled me about as much as the cold breeze outside did on my way through town....

It was low key, and very interesting, however. And chilling.

BUT... I found something that made me smile. It's cool, actually. Am definitely not coordinated enough to do something like that. And has nothing to do with the day, but it might make you smile.... right click to see it full screen on YouTube.

0 Responses to "Today is our national holiday...."