Did I mention our local media sucks?

Well, it really does.

Last nite I was over at my neighbors, googling for missing and displaced persons, because his English is nearly nil. And around 11 pm there was such a cheering and hollering out on the square. The last game of the quarter finals in the soccer championships had ended. Whoever won has to go into the semi finals against the big-mouthed Germans, and it was Turkey vs. Croatia. So I asked Werner for a break so I could check the local paper on-line and see who won. (He detests soccer.) Opened a new tab, and there it was, zero-zero, they went over-time, 11 meter goal kicks. Knock out round. And the paper said Croatia won, 1:0.

I was sort of disappointed. And I said, 'Man, the Croats make the Turks sound like Orfins in comparison.' What a bunch of noise. And little car corsos with honking concerts and people ruining their vocal cords.

Whatever. This morning, got up to do my weekend chores, was concentrated for a change, didn't lose my keys, and all. Turned on the tee-vee, and whaddaya know. They got it wrong. TURKEY won. I was delighted. (Ever notice how I somehow always support the underdogs? Hmmm.....)

That semi-final game is gonna be very very tense. Germany has millions of Turks in the country. The team isn't as skilled, maybe, but always find their heart and win at the last possible minute. They have the pluck to do it. And I hope they do. The Germans won't recover for another 36 years. They are already shitting their collective pantses, yes, Preciousses....

Today I got a Befund, a diagnosis from a doctor I saw in March. Herrgottnochmal, fix! I'm supposed to present this to the pension people. If you were to see it you would be afraid of me, very afraid. Extremely depressive was just the beginning. Gawww, what did they DO to me, hey? This is all so perverse, I am absolutely SPEECHLESS.

Need to digest it.

0 Responses to "Did I mention our local media sucks?"