Oh my, I just had a 'moment' out on the square....

slept this afternoon, very much rain, and hurried over to the tobacconist and the supermarket before they closed.

Out on the square, there were bunches of kids. Maybe eight or nine years old. Unusual. They cheered me up, they looked so funny. (No, not what you think, I find children little wonderworks of non-predjudicial tiny persons who can come up with the most awesome explanations that explain things they do not understand. No one taught them to hate, in other words.)

So there was this little group on the corner going to the tobacconist, and several kids went nuts over a husky, gorgeous young dog, the owner was a guy my age had and was waiting to cross the street. It was one of the most perfect dogs I have ever seen, young, and he let the kids pet him, and the old guy just smiled hey... And I thought, 'Am I in the right city, or did I get transported to somewhere else?'

Oldies usually aren't so nice.

Came back across the intersection, and then it happened, going to the supermarket. Three other little kids were in a very agitated conversation, you see.

Now what all these children have in common is the same haircut. They look like little roosters. Good gracious, if I had come home from the barber's looking like that, my folks would have sued him. The sides are all cut short, and the top is stiffed up with gel, and some of them have longer hair in the back of the head, or get blonde streaks in it.

When I just think about how my 'rents reacted if you tried to look like a Beatle.. Oh my...

Or a Jesuit telling you were sick because your hair was too long, whomI threw out of the hospital room.

But that isn't 'the moment'. There was a lady who crossed the intersection with me. In a Tschador, as we say, completely covered. From the Middle East, and I really don't care where from. But she found the little roosters funny, and we were on the same wave-length. And we LOOKED at one another, and laughed quietly. Twice. Her eyes were so pretty and vivacious....

We are all a part of humanity, connected.

I get so tired of people and their predjudices.

It was only a 'moment'.

But it was very nice. To connect with humanity---

Maybe I should go out more....

0 Responses to "Oh my, I just had a 'moment' out on the square...."