So you win again, you win again, you LOSER....

That is what I woke up to. Couldn't get a channel to watch the game. So turned on the local radio, fell asleep and that is the first thing I woke up to.

Leave it to Austrians to give you some lip, hey.

It was an honourable defeat. They got one goal, we didn't, so they played very well, but we're knocked out of the games.

They kept saying they were going to 'kill us 5 to 1'. Uh-huh.....

Chuzpe.

For the rest of it, not interested. I saw my hair-cutter Enver on the square this morning. He is from Turkey, and I congratulated him on the Turkish's team winning the night before. 'Nice game,' I said. 'Well played.' He was taken aback. 'You mean football?' And I said 'yes, of course. Congratulations.'

He isn't used to people being fair and gentlemanly to him. Freaked him out.

The best win. And you respect that. Ours wasn't, but they at least showed them we aren't dish rags.

And the bloody Germans will continue to look down on us forever.

Eeeeewwwww.

What can you do, hey.

0 Responses to "So you win again, you win again, you LOSER...."