Had two days sick in bed, which is always 'fun'....

Weather change, my asthma came back, which makes me one sick puppy... as they say...

I don't wish anyone getting up mornings and suddenly not getting any air, and then choking, and retching for half-hours at a time because one can't breathe, and then you retch, and you think you are going to never get another breath of air again. Till you get your honker cleared. Oh, that is so 'fun'. Not....

And I would give the proponents of waterboarding a case of it to see how they like it till they scream 'Make it STOP! I'll say ANYTHING!' Because that is how it feels from what I have read.

So I didn't go to Gamlitz Friday, and tried to stay calm, and get lots of air.

Staying calm is a key factor.

Today is a bit better. Weather is lousy, am not really up for this Sunday, and sorta blah.

I think the 'Incorriagable' aka 'Venerable' is up to something.

I put up a FaceBook page about seven years ago, didn't like it, and more or less forgot about it. Never go there, and they aren't safe.

And all of a sudden, the past weeks, get messages from fambly there.... Some of them really raise my eyebrows into my receding hairline. People I haven't heard from in over thirty years or more?

At first I thought, 'coincidink', they stumbled upon me somehow, ok.

Answered politely, and thought, 'ok, this is weird, why would they even care?'

Got one yesterday from a cousin, 'Hey, how are you?' Uh-huh. Am polite. And didn't think about it much. I hate chatter on those things, they annoy me. Either you have something concrete to say, or just do something useful, you know?

Tonight, she hit me at a very low point. I happen to know that her mother is in a nursing home, and has Alzheimers. And it nearly killed me to hear that. There is so much I could say. I never had a birfday cake until I was eight years old, and she made it. It was awesome, looked like a carousel. We met in Munich and Salzburg, and I was hyper, my first visit from the States, and we had much fun. And I knocked myself out making sure that they did.

When I was at my lowest point, and my Mom was gone, she called to ask if I were really ok.

And now she is headed into some twilight in her mind, and one of her daughters thinks to ask how I am????

Leave it to the B girls. (I do not put full names on the blog, thenk you...)

The B girls were my Mom and her sisters. And they were awesome, if sometimes strict.

Peter and I put up a compendium of all the rules on one rainy day, and he hid it, and mostly kept to them.

What I don't understand is why 'the Bulldog' is so concentrated on Familienzurückführug.' (Reuniting famblys...)

I am not really interested, I have concerns that are immediate, and I am sort of creeped out by it. It won't make my Aunt better. I can hold out a shoulder to cry on, misery loves company... but it will never relplace anything.

You lose people on the path of life, and it can be hard.

And it can break you.

Or you get through it.

My aunt was so concerned. And I said, 'well, y'know, you fall down, get up, dust yourself off, and go on for as long as you can.' And she said, 'You are a remarkable man.'

Ok, I rarely get any praise, but I treasured it.

It WAS meant as a compliment.... btw.

I do not need this right now.... I have a mess of home-made issues.....

If the Venerable wants to upset me, it's been successful.

I don't need extra stresse, thank you-....

And I told you, some things just can not be mended.
so stop looking for my Achilles heels.

UPDATE: the Venerable has denied any connection to the recent rash of Face Book posts, so retract that supposition most humbly.

0 Responses to "Had two days sick in bed, which is always 'fun'...."