Promises, promises......

I promised Millie I would help her unload her trolleys this morning, she had twelve, and wanted to be there shortly after six a.m. The battery in my alarm clock died, so it didn't go off, and got up at 6:22 a.m. cursing a blue streak. So most of this stuff was already unloaded. I did help with the last two, and she had family there helping. As tomorrow is Mother's Day, that stand becomes a mad-house.


And parked the trolleys in a similar alley behind the stands, as per usual. And noticed that the horsechestnut trees are in full bloom.










These flowers are only on sale on Mother's Day week. They have a very strong scent of cloves.






Which means that the fox-glove tree is in full bloom. I only know of five in the city, they aren't native. I can't even describe the scent, it is just wonderful, but doesn't smell like anything I have ever encountered....








I know, I know... have been posting a lot of Spring pictures here the past few days.... Just to take my mind off my foot, and yesterday's jaunt didn't really help much. Actually, have a lot of concerns, and I have never liked 'Spring' all that much... It's a bit gaudy, flaunting all that color after months of grey and black and white. I like the Autumn. This year is a bit different. Stop sometimes, and have my 'moment of Zen'... or something.

Forgot to mention..... Peter got a scare this week. Some woman burst into his room, and exclaimed 'There is a Mannsbild in the bed!' She really freaked him out. 'Mannsbild' literally means, 'man, picture', and is dialect, means 'some guy', and dialect can tickle me to the point of hilarity sometimes...

And I said, 'Oh, don't go any further, I know...' Which brings us to Mother's Day again. When my Mom was ill, shortly before she died, there is a similar story, but will not go into it here. All I said was, 'Listen, the lady was confused and thought she was in her own room, ok? It can happen. You "Mannsbild"...' and went into laughter... that term is so funny for me.

Not so funny was being on autopilot, getting in the elevator, and landing in the basement instead of the first floor... (your second floor, here it is the ground floor, and you count up from there). And the door opened, and I wasn't where I wanted to be. Someone must have called it from down there, but used the stairs. Across from me was a door marked 'Verabschiedungsraum'.

That creeped me the hell out... 'Verabschiedung' means 'taking leave of someone'. 'Raum' means room. Sooo... I guess, when someone is in their last hours, they get taken there, call the nearest family members, and whoever it is 'departs' the planet with their relatives around them, and it is peaceful, and very private. I just hope they have it nicely appointed in that room. Outside looks antiseptic...


So I went back in, and pressed the first floor button, and frantically wanted to get the hell out of there. Typical 'wrong-way RenB'.

No, it wasn't a horror movie. It was upsetting, and I tried to push it out of my head.
Which is why I have been taking 'peaceful' Spring pictures.... I have enough to occupy my thoughts these days... And don't want to be boring, but sometimes.... things get a bit heavy.

0 Responses to "Promises, promises......"