I really like this photo... the top hat for Congress...

BP's solution to their ever-growing disastrous machinations. Found it on Crooks and Liars. Can someone please tell me where the accountability is? Money for oil, big bragging about how they, Bad Product, can handle anything whatsoever, no problem???

Why, after nearly a month since this disaster began, is BP still calling the shots? Why aren't environmental experts being allowed full access? Because maybe it is worse than already being reported???

If anyone thinks that this news is only interesting and totally dismaying to people in the US... Well, I had an interesting encounter with a taxi driver yesterday. And she had on the news, taking me to the train station, because I was running way late. Nice lady, probably late thirties. And all of a sudden, she turned off the radio and sighed deeply. So I said, 'What?'

'Only 15%???!!!' That pipe they put down there where they were 'confident' that it would get 85% of the spill was reportedly only getting a fraction of it. "If they keep this up, mankind is going to kill itself, and we 'little people' have no say whatsoever as usual , we're just the marionettes...." Smart lady, hey....

Why does this remind me of something? Errrrm.... the aftermath of Tschernobyl, and how it affected the area I live in, for instance? I know a lot of people will say, 'oh, but that was far away from where you live, it couldn't have been that bad...' 'Far' is a relative thing, however....

There is this thing called the wind, you see, and it dumps things 'far away', it really does. You would think you are living in times of a biblical curse. Like the day I woke up, and everything was covered in fine red sand, and I thought, WTF???? Turned out it was from a storm in the Sahara desert, got caught in a high-wind air stream, and dumped on us. Weird things can happen.

So the wind dumped a mess of radioactiveness on us in Austria, back then. It impacted almost everything in daily life, way back then. Even today, I will not eat certain sorts of mushrooms from certain areas, and it will take about 200 more years to get rid of their cesium poison.

This disaster is more tangible, however. It is visible. Although one will NOT see the stuff affected by the dispersants BP has spilt into the Gulf in any way, or know how far those chemicals spread if they get into the so-called loop and then the Gulf Stream. Why, it could go all the way up the eastern coast, what a comfy feeling.

And it will be just like after Tschernobyl, because no one will see it, smell it, be able to taste it, and it will be deadly in some cases.

Some people will accuse me of hyperbole here. And no, am not a scientist. But I am not dumb either. People tend to grow and learn with age, if they are curious about their world....

So why the fuck hell are they letting BP run the show, and not call in experts?

Sigh, yeah, I know. It's always about money, and screw the poor. Way to go....

0 Responses to "I really like this photo... the top hat for Congress..."