And now I am gonna bore your tits off...

In three days, the second-last Harry Potter film will open.

Yeah, groan all you want.

I fell in love with those books. I only read them because the right said they were evil, was on vacation, and said to myself, 'what the hell is wrong here? They can't be that subversive...' So I read the first three in paperback, and the fourth was out in hardback. And I was hooked.

I'd compare it to reading the 'Lord of the Rings' Trilogy, actually.. I'd been complaining to a friend, and he was reading almost as much as if not more than I was at the time, and there was a lull in publishing, and he said, 'Try Tolkien.' Well... a trilogy, hey.... wasn't gonna buy them all at once, why bother if you didn't like the first one, you know? And after the first chapter, I thought, 'My gawwd, what the hell is HE on? It's a children's book.' But then the Black Riders came on the scene, and I was totally hooked. And it became clear that you could interpret it on very many levels, and it was poetic, and beautiful. You don't get that very often, even reading seven to ten books a week over forty years. It was a Saturday, and when I'd finished... everything was closed till Monday, and I had to wait for the rest. That is how I felt about this series, but sometimes it took a year or more. oooo.

So I only cracked open the first one in the Potter series... and was sort of amazed. And in that week, I got the hard-cover number four, and was hooked. The films are sorta good. But never match the power and detail of the books, just impossible. But yes... will go see the newest. At the cinema that runs it in the original English, because NO one... can do Snape like Alan Rickman. He sends veritable shivers down my spine.

And am looking forward to seeing how he does these last ones. Because what is perceived as good can be evil, and vice versa, according to the book. And it is true enough. So... it'll be fun. Maybe. Or distract me, at least. Those books just aren't ONLY for children, believe me.

0 Responses to "And now I am gonna bore your tits off..."