just three photos of my cross-town junkets....

to the local hospital for over fifteen days to see Peter. We had a few days of 'late autumn' depri weather. Fog and drizzle. But he never fails to tell me that he was baptised just after his birth in that chapel. Oddly, have never been inside, just said, 'Oh yeah?' He never wanted to go in either.



Then there were the Föhn days, and it was mild, and he wanted to tank sun. He was in the building behind him, and there are four more such units with a cellar labyrinth connecting all of them, which was where he got 'lost'. He was getting very depressed.



And on one of those days, we wheeled down to the other end of the street to find a bit of sun... and I saw it. A sign that begins with Baby. And got very depressed. I'd known it was there.

I can't remember how long ago it was, but after countless cases of young girls hiding pregnancies, and disposing of umwanted newborns in dumpsters or on the streets, the government looked for a solution. Sure, they have programs for girls 'in trouble', but some didn't dare go and ask for help. So since then, they have a place at hospitals where a young mother in distress can place her baby. I guess it is sort of like a doggy door, or something, where they can place the child in a sort of cubicle in there, and then ring a bell and disappear anonymously. It really doesn't get reported on muchly any more, but seeing where it was at LKH was sort of dismaying.

I am only describing what it really is from what I read at the time. I didn't have the heart to go and see how it looked there. The sign alone depressed me more than I already was.

Peter was transported back 'home' Tuesday. So tomorrow will have to go to Gamlitz, and see how he is settling in.

Besides which, the admin office wants mucho denaros, so will have to pretty much plunder his account and give it up down there. Had promised to... And THEN, Preciousses, am gonna FIX it so he gets incoming calls, but can't call out and run up costs he can't really afford to pay for.

That isn't actually my idea of a good time, but I promised.....

0 Responses to "just three photos of my cross-town junkets...."