Picked out my birfday present...

The second part of the first season of Glee out of the UK.





Yup, am a Gleek. I kept hearing about the series, and was sort of 'bah, Humbug' about it, but reports kept building. It's since rated the gayest show on the tee-vee there. Except I really don't see it from that perspective at all. I find it very original, funny, touching in many ways, and with a range of music that goes from Charlie Chaplin (Smile) to the present and is very integrated into the story lines.

So I don't just watch it for the music numbers. The emerging stories of the kids are fascinating and reality based, and THAT is what makes it so good. I am SO waiting to see what the hell really drives Sue Sylvester (the incredible Jane Lynch) on that show. Jane won the Emmy for that role the first season... and deservedly. So the clips above are the topping, but the really good parts are the stories of the kids. And I think they are very talented. Lea Michelle has had roles on Broadway, and a couple of the others, I believe.

Whatever... I guess they win the regionals in the second half of the first season, and well they should. And suppose they go on to try to take the national trophy. Am sure 'Sue' will be hell on wheels for obstacles. It is a very good, fresh and ultimately uplifting series, and I enjoy it because there is no saccharine, no Disney, and yet real.

Tja, so that's what I'm giving myself. That thing at the end, 'To Sir, With Love'.... zoomed me right back to 1969 when I was at that age... I'd love to have cursed the producers and writers for doing that.... they friggin' made my eyes leak. right-click to see full screen on YouTube.

Update: I didn't catch it the first time, but two things freaked me. 'We don't care what the judges say, we won.' So they didn't. And that very last shot of Sue.... she must have done something really bad, and is regretting it. So I guess I get a good birfday present. And I'd like to wring Sue's neck. And keep asking what the HELL is WRONG with you? Tja, will know once it gets here...

0 Responses to "Picked out my birfday present..."