Egg on your face.... or Don't You Just HATE it when...

your pc decides to do 'funny' stuff.....

Take today... please... I'd been up for hours, surfing where I wished to go, and it was time to check in on the Ven's show and catch up on the doings there. The person who was uploading the Soap on YouTube suddenly quit a few days ago, so I had a helluva time finding a new access. His doesn't seem to be so popular, or something. I have several alternatives for mine.

Whatever, after answering his mail... I checked in with 'Soapalia'... which is free so far, but with a time limit, and then you have to register. And pay. Well, they'd throw me out of Scotalnd for being stingy, as they say here... but it's only thirty-seven minutes, thus free, and way short of an hour.

So... being cheerful, I clicked in to see what the hell all his favourite characters are up to. No sound. Clicked yesterday's... no sound. Turned it off, re-booted... no sound. And turned the air blue with 'coises'. It was late afternoon, so I had to do something fast. So I turned it off, packed it up, and took it post-haste to the Klinik across the street, because, as we all know... it always happens on a weekend, or nearly there, never on a Monday.

So I explained, turned it on.... and the sound was back.

Egg on your face, hey, you can do what you like, pc's are the most ornery, fickle, idiotic things going. At least it didn't cost me anything.... except a bit of my pride...

So I brought it home, and put it back on life support, and live-blogged the episode per post for my Dad. 'His' story decided to have a virus outbreak just when everyone's sneakrets were about to be revealed. Way to go. I know it is sweeps month, but they aren't gonna win with that old chestnut.

It sort of reminded me of the time of the avian flu outbreak, and the media driving everyone nuts for fear, and having a convention coming in to where I worked, and they were all from the affected areas. I mean, what the hell, everyone is expendable, correct? I tensed, and then thought... what the hell....

Nothing happened.

So what are they up to now, those idjit writers?

0 Responses to "Egg on your face.... or Don't You Just HATE it when..."