Talk about egg on your face... Holy Crap.... this is odd, and funny and not so new...

The first reports from the morning shows are becoming available here in the evening, and wow, I never saw Joe Scarborough somber before. And Mika Brezinski makes me want to throw up, but what else is new... all that mewling.

Wikileaks is down. The website. But I imagine it will pop back up sometime soon. No, I don't think it is fun.

Y'know... I read a really good book once back in the Sixties sometime, and it impressed me. It was Graham Greene's 'The Ugly American'. It was a terrific novel, I remember, but it had a very serious theme. That US ambassadors were appointed from without the system, not of being educated to be diplomats, but for political reasons.... as in how much money they spent to buy into that and 'shine', vainglory. And how wrong-headed that policy was.

That is how I remember it, at least. Good lesson never learned. And seemingly, a prophecy became fulfilled. The Wickileaks dump of cables from consulates and embassies... are devastating. Not that much of it wasn't known anyway.

Since I've lived in a small middle-european country for decades, I've seen them come and go... Austria is sort of a plum and getting the position probably involves a good deal of fund-raising for whatever President is in power. And they were all mediocre... couldn't speak the language, except Reagan's former sakrementary, and NO one liked her very much except lower intestinal acrobats. It was 'comfy', and they could feel important... but weren't taken seriously. They had no idea of the history, the culture, the arts... although one did steal a Klimt painting among other things and got away with it. (It was worth millions, btw. but would have been too 'embarassing'.

Now I'm getting really angry. Not half an hour ago, I wanted to paste in a link here. I can't get to the article any more, it's been blocked. And is a major newspaper in my country. They must be freaking out very badly over there, but I KNOW what I saw, and the headline is up, but... no access to the text, sorry....

The US was pissed off at Austria for blocking Turkey's entrance into the EU. And the purported REASON? They invaded us once.... in 1684. How 'bout that....

I think it has a LOT more to do with integration, community-wise, and a lot of other social aspects. But no, they haven't a clue....

So the sneakret organisations are gonna scramble to supress as much as they can.... (are they Russia, or something?)... but you know what? I can go out and get that paper tomorrow morning, and it is gonna TELL me what got quashed today. And no one is gonna be able to really squelch it.

Someone opened Pandora's box.

Peter was half-way alert, and he dislikes Angela Merkel. When I told him their assessment was that she wasn't 'creative', and that Sarkosi was in the Emperor's new clothes.... He fell apart laughing.

Listen, one can think what they think... but being a 'Diplomat'... you keep your counsel to yourself, unless you can tell someone 'under four eyes' with no ears around, and diss someone. You do NOT do it by public cables.

Those people have NO idea what public communication is any more, they aren't young enough. Or the ones who are--- are clueless.

I don't really CARE about it, actually. If it reforms diplomacy, fine. However.... diplomacy is deception. When it is successful, both parties coming away feeling it's a win-win... except one of the parties feels they got more than the other.

It gets to be high-school on an international level.

And no one EVER learns.

So.... they can scramble and cheat and try to figure out what to do next to rebuild the house of cards the baby crashed while you were doing creative time-out for the tots after stuffing yourselves during Thanksgiving...

Except.. I don't think it will work. Damage done.

And the others are just as bad.

Deal with it.

0 Responses to "Talk about egg on your face... Holy Crap.... this is odd, and funny and not so new..."