To end today on a nostalgic note.....

Because I am sleepless in Graz, worrying, and hopefully my hair will turn white and not completely fall out... I sent the Ven something I'd seen on Sixty Minutes. A film from 1906 taken six days before the earthquake.

You can watch it HERE... although I hate the music.

And he said,

yeh! I rember elm street in the old days with a trolley car
that went to lake massabesic and pine Island park
and horse drawn ice wagons and milk wagons
and horsehit in the middle of canal street where my dad and the man up stairs joe Bussier would vie to see who got to it first to put in their little garden patches as fertilizer
of sneaking up to the ice wagon to retrieve a chip of ice to cool of in the hot summers . of model T fords my dad owned one , it had three pedals on the floor , one was a back up
the middle one was to shift and the last was to brake
to start it one had to crank it with a handle out side
and if you did not hold it right it might kick back and break your wrist. fun and games in the good old day
now I just point a remote out the window and the car starts
to warm the car up in the cold days and to get the ac and engine going in the heat. now is the good old days believe me youngstes today have no Idea of what life was back then even here in the good old new Hampshire.

I hope he tells me more... but it's not always easy. But I think it is something nice to share.

0 Responses to "To end today on a nostalgic note....."