oh.... I love me some pop culture...

Have seen three of five episodes of the fifth season of Desperate Housewives, and have to say, nothing ever goes stale.

And suspensful. They zoomed this season ahead five years, which gives them a lot of room to manouver, dealt with mid-life crises, and this episode had a young kid who impregnates an older neighbor unhappily married, his mother on a rage bender, marital abuse, the kid homicidally motivated, and an out and out murder by a psychopath whom only one person in the neighborhood sees him for what he really is, arson in a night club, most people barely escaping....

It really pushed the envelope without being unbelieveable.

Great stuff. And the writing team that that show has is so absolutely talented, and the cast so good.... you NEVER see what is coming. And Marcia Cross had a moment of reveletion this evening. I have been waiting for five fucking seasons to finally find out why her character is so verklemmt. And want an answer.

Gale Harold as the new lover of 'Susan' is a disappointment. So far. He is so fixed in my head as the absolute star, the one you could absolutely love and hate in 'Queer as Folk', he somehow seems odd to me in this one.

I hope he finds his stride.

And yes it is a soap opera. But one of the best I have ever seen. And funny. And suspenseful.

So just let me have my fun and blather. This episode was jaw-dropping.

0 Responses to "oh.... I love me some pop culture..."