Y'know what????...

Sometimes you run across someone interesting.

And noooo, it isn't someone from the foreign legion this time.

It was from a nice scared newbie who ventured onto Annti's blog and being new to it all, asked questions. And despite the tone sometimes on Mark of the Beast, we all were kind, and explained what she wanted to know.

Yesterday she asked Annti if she would blog-roll her, meaning putting her link into the right side of her tool bar on the front page. And gave the URL, so I hopped over there, and took a look.

In her self-description, she is a devoted Christian, and I thought.... uh-oh.... But then I read her post on attending a wedding. And a few others. And was surprised.

Y'KNOW.... over the past eight years the radical right has taken over the so-called 'Christian Movement', and changed it to hate. And the word 'Christian' nearly became a swear word of the highest order.

The bigots painted in the worst colors.

And we forgot. A lot of us just forgot.

What I found was a thoughtful young lady with a good sense of humour, and an excellent way of expressing herself. She has her own voice. I wish she wouldn't put herself down.

If her religious beliefs are honest, and she is very tolerant, that makes us the bigots for pushing away when we hear the C word. Surely, we get beat up all the time from people who CALL themselves Christians. So it becomes like Pavlov and the dog, and is no excuse, but you get to the point where you do not know whom to trust.

So I wish you all would take a look at this blog. It is worth the time.

http://unidiversalsusanisgoofy.blogspot.com/

And best of all.... she can make me smile. Sadly, but smile all the same.

2 Responses to "Y'know what????..."

Susan says
31 March 2009 at 09:05

Wow! What a swwet post, thanks!
Much love to you, Peter and the Couch Critter! :)

RenB says
31 March 2009 at 13:41

No, thank YOU, Susan. You made me re-think my attitude, and realise something I think is important.

One of the things I first loved about coming to a new country was there were no categories.

People came through the door, and I had no commode with a drawer in which to categorise them.

And I loved that. Every entry an adventure.

But with time... that is what everyone does. Categorise people at first glance.

'Oh, that is a so and so', drawer open, drawer shut.

Good, you can make some near-fatal mistakes doing it that way, but it was an adventure, and you learn something from it and grow.

And somewhere along the line, I got calcified. And regret that.

Your post made me think for a change. I like people who make me think.

Was up half the night. The couch critter thanks you. Will tell Peter tomorrow. He is having a rough time adapting.

And you just carry on and WRITE. Make me think.