Yesterday seems to have been a fata morgana....

I slept over night.... seldom for me.... and this morning? Poof, the snow was gone. The guy in the orange jacket from Africa on the corner sells magazines about the problems immigrants have. It is the only job that the government will allow him to do and he is about my age if not older. He is always friendly, and really doesn't have it easy, although I do not know his personal story.

But every time I pass by there, I get angry.

How in fuck can you as a country take in immigrants, and deny them the right to work? Just to look good internationally?

Oh no, they don't starve, or anything, and have a roof over their heads. But the restrictions set on them are humiliating. For them, and for us if we have a grain of sense.

And then I get so fucking angry with my government, I boil inside.

Racism comes in so many forms, and it isn't restricted to the Africans here. It comes in so many flavours you could open up an ice cream parlour.

And that was my so-called 'Deep Thought of the Day'.... as Atrios would say......

You go by, register what is going on, and your inner organs begin to retract, and you clench your teeth, and just keep going.

I just can't stand seeing people being treated like that.

0 Responses to "Yesterday seems to have been a fata morgana...."