Whelp, that didn't take too long....

Right down the memory hole. There is so very little news regarding the last Supreme court decision regarding corporations. Why? Not so sure...

Except it will make a huge difference in the next election cycle, and the people, the voters, will become so disenfranchised, they won't have a say in anything. Too much going on for the 'media' to cover it. But hey, they can go on and fixate on Tiger Woods, and his faux apology, (probably written by Nike), and WOW, that is 'news' that even stopped Wall Street trading. Uh-huh...

In other news, a look at the future if the GOP gets their way. The newly elected Republican governor of Virginia rescinded their anti-discrimination laws on hiring and housing, and so on. The link is here, and the focus was on gay rights issues, but the full text includes race, sex, sexual orientation and other things. What are they gonna do next, reinstate separate drinking fountains and wc's, and begin to re-segragate people? Women can be denied a job because they are women? African Americans or other people 'of color' don't have a chance despite qualification? It sucks.

That was shocking to me.

On the home front: I STILL get really angy--

Every morning I go out and get cigarettes and 'breakfast'. And there are swarms of little kids running around getting their school 'lunches'. And I do mean a LOT of little kids in the supermarkets. And I get angry when I think about their 'parents'. My parents were both often working, but every morning, you had your little brown paper bag, and your lunch in it. And it was nutritional. These tykes can get split into two groups. The ones who had some sort of nutritional coaching from their parents, and the ones who know no boundaries, the latter being buying high-sugar sodas, candy, and nothing else of any value. And tend to be overweight already. The ones who buy sensible lunches are normal in weight, and they tend to ask for the receipt to show their parents so they can see what they bought. The hypers do not. It is just something I have been observing the past months.

It irritates me to the max. It created a bond, like being home for mealtimes, and your family would interact. And even as a child, you knew that you probably didn't have the 'coolest' thing in your little paper bag, but you knew that it was the best they could do, and good for you.

When I first came to Austria, Everything closed at 12 noon, and re-opend at 2:30 p.m. Yeah, that was sort of 'weird' to me at first. But do you know why? So that families would go home, make a major three-course nutritional meal, and then go back to work. Evenings were just snacks, bread and cheese, or some other small thing. And that model is probably the best I had seen up to that point. And probably the most sensible solution. Big meal midday, snack in the evening...

Today, we got Westernised. If you work, you get a half-hour to grab something, and get back, and commerce goes on and on... give me a break, hey.... and get home and don't have the energy or the will to do what was done back then. I do not see that as progress, on the contrary.

Because a lot of those little kids I see running around in the supermarket in the mornings are going to become diabetics. Tja, how fascinating... and tragic. Sometimes, I feel like someone from a parallel universe, and wonder when it happened, you know?

What was the pivotal moment?

As to diabetics... well... social services called me today. Frau Schlachter. The name means 'Slaughterer' . I don't trust her. She needs a bank statement of how much his pension is, and how much rent he pays. Yahoo, hey. She is someone you get an instant animosity toward, believe me. But she is in a branch outside the central office.

Peter won't let me bring his bank report to show her... because I am pretty sure he isn't paying his rent.... I have been on his arse for over a decade now. 'GO to your bank, have your running costs automatically deducted, and what is left is what you fucking HAVE for the month, and LIVE on it, for Chrissakes! You do NOT get bills, or have to remember to go to the bank to pay them on time, and not have to WORRY.'

Well, I have a wall in front of me in back of my pc, and I could talk to it and get the same friggin' reaction, hey... it ain't gonna answer any time soon.... And banging my head on it won't help... all I could get from that is a concussion.

Whatever--- he goes from hospital to a nursing home for three months, 'and then he can go back home'.

WHAAA?

(And I am thinking, 'this can't be true, this can't be true'...)

I wanted to ask her if she were out of her fucking mind... but she hasn't seen him recently.

Struggling to find simple words.

Then being cogent, and then slipping. There are DAYS, Preciousses, when I just don't know if I can do this any more. But that would be cowardly. Got stopped like the speed bumps they put in at the county horsepital to keep the waahmbulances from going so fast.. (I guess...)

There are DAYS, when I look at the world around me, and really don't want to know what is going to happen next.

And there are DAYS... I really do not want to be here any more... I do not.

0 Responses to "Whelp, that didn't take too long...."