Ya know... it really is ironic.... and saddening...

That things never are what you thought they would be...

I was 'talking' with Peter's Aunt last night. She is 90 years old, lives in Frankfurt, but Peter is her favorite nephew, and she mails me to ask what is happening. Her husband died slowly, and had dementia at the end...

She tells me things that can make it easier for everyone around.

And she loved him muchly.

So... I want to THANK everyone, who responded to the posts down below privately via e-mail to me. All friends, and one special relative.

They were immediately THERE.

And that was wonderful.

Their moral support and prayers were something I could lean on, and sometimes you lean on something when everything around you crumbles.

Thank you all...

Even in 'virtual', kind words mean much.

What hurts is the non-reaction of people who have been here... and not one word.

No matter what you all thought... well, I just do not want to go there right now.

You think you can count on someone, and they seem to turn away.

Doesn't reflect well on me, now does it.... I must be really horrible....

YES, I am so angry, I could go out and punch someone in the face.

And I wouldn't CARE if I got knocked out.

That is what you all did to me in one way or another... ignoring, being denigrating, being absolutely ignorant of what was happening. And I am no better for not having explained it because those were different times, so am also culpable....

So bring it on...

I ended the post with a saying we have here: 'You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family.'

Good on them...

And bless my friends....

1 comments:

Nameless Cynic says
17 February 2010 at 07:48

Wow. That's harsh.

You know, sometimes, people just don't know what to say. You're going through something that's just outside their experience.

Meanwhile, some of us are coming into this blind and trying to catch up.

Religious people will tell you that God doesn't give you more than your shoulders can handle. (Personally, I think that's crap. But if it helps you, run with it.)

Stay strong, brother. Whatever doesn't kill us...