Oh yes, tell me

As Mika Brzinszki always says....

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to everyone. I did all my 'confessions' last year, so will refrain from being repetitive. But I did put on something green.... (ok, yes, underweasr, ok?) You know, the mindless parties, the green beer, the folk music, the buffet with corned beef and cabbage and what not, the laughter, the fun... I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

And anyone with an ounce of Irish in them sort of goes bonkers on this day, and have never seen fights, just lots of joy.

So go out, and have a safe and very fun time, and rock the house you're in, ok?

You'll hardly believe this, but this day gets celebrated in Graz, where I am in a fairly 'big' way for such a small city. We have an Irish pub. (There are contingents of Irish students here...) And every year, a group called The Shenanigans gives a concert in what used to be a movie theater.

And you know what? I've never attended either event. I think that is something you should do when you are young and reckless, and out for fun.

So, wherever you all are.... have fun and be safe.

I spent mine this year contemplating Peter's dilemma, getting to have to empty his post box tomorrow, and then Werner called to tell me he couldn't boot his pc, could I look, because everything on the screen was suddenly in English, which he can't understand. Same problem I had in January, and I went through all the options, but nada....

Till I had to throw in the towel, and say, 'either you get it repaired, or you will need a new one. And you will be out one hundred 'mice'. ' Which means Euros.... slang.

Peter got re-transferred back to Gamlitz yesterday. His last night in Wagna was fairly dramatic.... they moved him because they had to put an epileptic in his room who was out of control.

And the guy in the next bed to him died.... he was way out of it.

So now he is again in a quiet place, single room, and his sugar is way down.

And I fell asleep writing this, so that can't be good...

0 Responses to "Oh yes, tell me"