That had to be

The most boring Oscar Award show I have seen in a long time. Nothing surprising, no big musical numbers, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin were just lame. The dance troupe for the intro
for the best score was an exception, and Ben Stiller cracked me up presenting the one for makeup. And the obvious shock on Katharine Bigelow's face at getting both the director and best picture awards was worth seeing. Otherwise.... yawn.

Most of the acceptance speeches were 'been there, seen and heard it', except for the one guy who only talked about how he'd gotten his first camera at nine years old, and gotten nothing but support, then encouraged children and young peopwho do not get that support to pursue their dreams, and assured them it wouldn't be a waste of time. That was all. None of the usual thanking everyone no one has ever heard of, or wish to.

I got to the social service office this morning, and realised how I did NOT miss riding the busses this past week. Picked up Peter's post and a few things at his place, as I am going down to Gamlitz tomorrow... He has two yellow slips that he has to sign for to pick up, which always means some kind of trouble... herrgottnochmal.

Not much else to tell at the moment...

Other than to say I won't be going to the movies any time soon. None of what was shown in clips last night made me want to spend 10 Euros for the price of admission. Especially not 'The Hurt Locker'. I have enough to depress me right now. And 'Nine' looks like a real stinker. But it was also based on the only one of the Fellini films which I found bad and tedious. I never got what the attraction to male mid-life crisis was, and still don't. But at least Fellini got it out of his system, and was back in form after that.

0 Responses to "That had to be"