Tonight is the night I get all tingly... Oscars...

Yeah, I know, sappy. But I love films, some of them, and am always interested in the politics behind the choices, and I don't think I have missed many of them on my tee-vee over the years.

I have some personal 'favorites', although I haven't fully seen any of the films this year, as last... I happened on a YouTube film of the real Julia 'Child on her show, 'The French Chef'. And then I saw a clip with Streep from Julie and Julia. It blew me away, she so nailed it. But she won't win, I don't think.

And I am rooting for Christoph Waltz for Dirty Basterds. The media will report that he is German, because the film was made there, but he is one fine Austrian actor, and I am happy that he got so far.... even tho he gets a nomination for playing a Nazi. In a Tarantino sort of way. From all reports, he was brilliant in it.





The second clip calls her mediocre, but I still think she got the essence of the person, and that very well.

Oh well, Sandra Bullock will probably win that... And oh yes...

And if Streep wins, my brother will probably have a atroke. He absolutely hates her. Since Kramer vs. Kramer. That sort of took me aback... It reminds me of Stewie's reaction to Lois in Family guy in season one. Totally crass. I have my theories of why, but will keep them to myself. Tja, 'Family Guy'. Mix 'All In the Family with South Park and the Simpsons, and you get Family Guy.

I discovered 'Family Guy' on the internets, and today on my tee-vee. Talk about fucked up hilarity. Stewie sends me into paroxysms of smiles. The fourth and fifth seasons went so off the charts for what is appropriate, I was delighted. Don't scowl, have been in a fairly deep depression these past weeks, so it was nice to 'escape'.

Oh well, will get some shut-eye, and set the alarm for 2 a.m. Then I can see the live feed on tee-vee. Sometimes I really hate time differences. I saw nothing of the Olympics... they were ten hours behind us, and was sleeping.

But Oscars... that is different.

While writing, the phone rang twice. Peter. 'I wish you a good night.' 'I wish you one too.'

Second time, 'Did I call and wish you good night? I can't remember.' 'Yes, you did, and I wish you one too.' 'I forget things.' 'That is ok, don't worry about it, ok? Sleep well.'

Sigh....

0 Responses to "Tonight is the night I get all tingly... Oscars..."