Hokay.... this is getting weird...

Just back from the Hauptbahnhof, main train station up the way from my house. And they always had a lost and found office, this I know, because about 20 years ago, I lost something on a train, and got it back.

However.... they renovated the place fully a few years ago, so I wasn't sure where the lost and found office is any more. Therefore, following my late mother's 'rules for living' i.e. 'You got a tongue in your head... USE it'... I asked at the ticket office where it is now.

First a factoid: Graz is the second largest city in the country, and has about 25o,ooo inhabitants last time I heard, so it's a metropole... I mean, you've seen our awesome airport, for instance... (smile).

So I learned that I have to call an office in Bruck an der Mur. And I would pay a Euro or two to have a photo of my facial expression when I was told that and put it in my album, because it was 'WHAAA? Huh?' I missed the day when Bruck became a world capital. I think they have about 20,000 inhabitants, if it is even that much. Just guessing, here....

But it got even BETTER. The place I have to call won't be open before Monday, because it is the weekend. And what is it called, you ask? 'Lost & Found Service Center'.

Will someone please, please tell me why in tarnation I learned German? Werner would say it is the nefarious influence of the 'Murkins, but he's paranoid, so that is no help....

Tja, search me.... but keep the taser in your holster, or wherever you keep it...

Yup... it's just odd, ok?

I forgot something from yesterday, something which intrigued me. We were driving into the 'center' of Gamlitz, and my 'chauffeur' suddenly muttered, there's the mayor of Gamlitz.' And his Smart rolled by, and I was sort of puzzled, because Preciousses... the tone makes the music, and I would swear he really dislikes him intensely.

And it puzzled me, and I wanted to ask, but 300 metres later, I had to get off the bus. Whatever, it sort of surprised me, and having grown up in Peyton Place country, I thought, 'uh-oh, what is going on here', because the driver is a decent sort of guy, and politicians in rural districts are sort of dick-heads.

So I was thinking, 'Let's take a look at this, and re-cap. Peter and I ran into him on the five block stretch that calls itself a town, and he was friendly.... The mayor and his wife were at the home over Easter, visited Peter and brought lots of specialties and goodies to his room, including a chocolate bunny he didn't even open yet, and were very nice, but that is what politicians do, no-brainer....

So am thinking: 'What's the dirt here? What in the world is going on?'

And I didn't bring up Peyton Place for no reason. Small places can be vicious, no matter where you are in the world.

It was interesting, somehow.

Guess who is gonna be sleuthing the next few weeks. He piqued my curiosity.

Don't hit.... it even sounds a bit dirty to me seeing it on screen.

I wanna do a Hercule Poirot number. Who knows what will turn up....

And on that note...

Have a nice weekend.

0 Responses to "Hokay.... this is getting weird..."