Oh, punch to the gut, hey....

One of my favourite things on Monday is watching Bill Moyer's Journal from Sunday on PBS via the internets.

He is retiring. Because he is seventy-six, and has other things he would like to do.

One of the last 'REAL' reporters. I only discovered I could watch a few months ago.

What I learned to like over the past several months:

It's not a 'show', or a 'talking head'. He is thoughtful, very intelligent, and asks hard questions. He has people on who actually know what their subject is, and is fully briefed on the subjects at hand. He is civil, never, or hardly gets emotional, but can discuss passionately about themes of the day without any 'showmanship'. He always seems laser-like in focussing on what issues are.

And above all... he is a gentleman. I like the soft southern accent, but like his mind way more.

Next Sunday is his last broadcast. I am so gonna miss that voice of reason in a stratosphere of static and cacophony.

As we all know.... nothing lasts forever. but was happy to watch while it was worth it...

0 Responses to "Oh, punch to the gut, hey...."