Yesterday, was on safari.....

It was my Gamitz day. Peter was looking nice but didn't feel well at all, it was hot and humid. A 'threat' of thunderstorm in the air....






The town is in the hot phase of being the best-flowered town in all the region, and it is beautiful. (It's a competition, and they win often....) Although the cornfields round about do not look well, and the husks are brown for dying... Too little rain....




And I stopped on my way back to visit for a couple of hours with two of the nicest people I know. Meet my ex-colleague Elke and her husband. I love this photo, because it was more or less a snapshot, just before we left so I could get my train. I guess I found the moment, because that is who they are. Gerhard's arm is still bandaged because he was coming home on his small motorcycle, and grazed a wall in an underpass not far away. We followed the way from the chaos at the train station to her house, and she showed me the trail of blood, 'that ate into the asphalt.' Austrians are very cool, they just shuck it off as if nothing happened. Annnd, I did what Austrians, do and said, 'What the HELL have YOU been up to?' They say that when misfortune befalls you, believe me, have been there often enough on the receiving end.... Just look at their eyes..... to drown in. Blogger isn't letting me format this as I would wish, but in this case, you take what you can get. It was like getting something soothing after a sunburn. Enjoy. Because it wasn't posed. They are off for vacation on Sunday.

0 Responses to "Yesterday, was on safari....."