Ok, this is morbid.... but surprises me, actuallly....

and assures me that my surmises have been correct of late.

For about a year or so now, have been fascinated with a Soap Opera from ABC which is often so suppenseful, and entgertaining, I ALWAYS wanna see what is going to happen next. That is what Oldies DO, after all. Living 'vicariously', but I love a well turned plot, and being surprised in the turns in the plots they come up with, which are mostly very well thought out. I watch it via YouTube, and just lurvs me the comments section on each episode. Some seem somewhat surperficial, others go ON about the themes, all seem to have their likes and dislikes about the characters in it.... It can set me in a good mood for the day.

But there is one story line at the moment which seems to have all fans in an uproar.

How to put this succinctly? This artist guy, white, has an affair with an Afro American lawyer lady, they break up, but remain friends, and am not sure what it was, but the lady gets attacked, and beat into a coma in his apt., didn't see that part. So the mother hates the guy, and seemingly he wasn't guilty about anything concerning the attack, but he falls in love with her sister, who hates him at first. That was fun to watch.

So to get to the current part of the story: the sister is declining fast, on life support and will never recover, and there is lots of debate about what to do, and the mother is furious, and hates her other daughter for even considering cutting off the respirator, and her attacks are ugly.

Now these decisions happen daily all over the world, and yes, they are a moral dillemma. I KNOW that one, all right, and I wasn't ready for facing that one when it happened... It was a number of years ago, but I well remember my last visit. I considered him a close friend. The 'kid' was only thirty-six years old. So for me, he was a 'kid'. He had a respirator tube, and so much for tubes running in and out of him, hadn't woken, and it looked hopeless. Completely.

I was told to stroke his upper left arm and talk into his left ear. So I whispered, 'Hey, it's Ren. What the hell were you thinking, falling in a brook and drowning, you obstinate guy you? What were you thinking?' I could SWEAR that he got that sarcastic little upturn smile at the corners of his mouf, but hoped it was wishful thinking at the time. And continued, 'Listen, it seems you've been stuck in some in-between place die for six months now. Please come back to the people you love. But if you cannot, let go, and we will all still love you. And I love you.' And he suddenly looked peaceful.

He died a day later, cramps, sort of epilectic, and was gone.

So... the reaction to this story line about Evangeline being on life support has the fans on absolute revulsion, they don't want to hear it, they don't want to know about it, they want to see the pretty teens and foolish Oldies, but that theme is anathema to them. It's so typical 'Murkin.... they can't deal with death. Never have...

As far as the story-line there has gone, I think the writers are doing a good job, but am afraid however, the fans don't wanna face it, except most will one day. And a lot of people don't seem to understand that 'shelf'-life.... is limited. No one ever wants to think about it. But it's best when you know what you want when your time runs out.

These people should just grow up. No one stays young forever--except maybe Joan Rivers, who has become so high-maintainence.... well you finish that sentence.... She can't get brain fresheners, after all.

0 Responses to "Ok, this is morbid.... but surprises me, actuallly...."